19 March 2011

Bimbo Quits UCLA

UCLA student quits in 'Asian' video furor
Published: March. 19, 2011 at 1:52 PM


LOS ANGELES, March 19 (UPI) -- A UCLA student who posted an offensive "Asians in the Library" video on YouTube has apologized and dropped out.

In a letter sent Friday to The Daily Bruin newspaper at the University of California, Los Angeles, Alexandra Wallace wrote, "In an attempt to produce a humorous YouTube video, I have offended the UCLA community and the entire Asian culture. I am truly sorry for the hurtful words I said and the pain it caused."

She added, "Especially in the wake of the ongoing disaster in Japan, I would do anything to take back my insensitive words."

Wallace said her "mistake" had led to "harassment of my family, the publishing of my personal information, death threats and being ostracized from an entire community" and she was withdrawing "for personal safety reasons."

The university had already decided not to take any action against Wallace for the video, which became an Internet sensation in the last week

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/03/19/UCLA-student-quits-in-Asian-video-furor/UPI-69661300557143/#ixzz1H4fGKHVC

Another great spoof on Alexandra Wallace...



No comments: